From the 28th of February 2018 UCCI became the part of the international consortium that provides Erasmus project in EU countries.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is an exchange programme initiated by the European Commission in 2009 as an innovative response to the dual challenge, namely to stimulate entrepreneurs and encourage cross border trade in EU and to provide the opportunity to entrepreneurs who intend to start a business or have recently started their business to learn from experienced entrepreneurs of small businesses in other European Union countries.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
New or potential entrepreneurs
You can participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur if:
• You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan;
• You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience.
Your (future) company or activity can be in any sector and there is no age limit (Note: all participants must be over 18 years old).
As a must :
• Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
• Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another Participating Country; be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur's business and make your skills and competences available;
• Be ready to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad.
Note that new entrepreneurs can only take part in the programme once.
Benefits for a NE
Active participation in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme offers aspiring entrepreneurs access to a wide range of benefits to help successfully run or start a new business:
Up to six months stay with an experienced entrepreneur in another Participating Country to gain first-hand knowledge about business start-up in a wide range of areas such as: marketing/sales, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance etc. You will also have the opportunity to improve your business plan, as well as:
• Building self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and management skills;
• Opportunities for collaboration with other entrepreneurs and the development of cross-border business co-operation;
• Networking and building of strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
• Insights into different cultural and organisational settings and how companies function in another Participating Country;
• Insights into the business environment of another Participating Country
• Improved language skills;
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme if:·
• You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries and your company is registered in that country;
• You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterpriseOR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
• You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years;
• You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
As a host entrepreneur participating in the programme, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
• Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge;
• Benefit from a "fresh eye" on your business, and specializedknowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master;
• Act as a coach or mentor;
• Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities;
• Interact with entrepreneurs from other Participating Countries and get opportunities to collaborate with them;
• Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
• Improve your language skills;
• The large majority of most entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decided to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards!
SEEK Consortium partners` organizations:
• Cámara de Comercio de Santiago (España)
• Olympic Training (Grecia)
• Dare Futuro (Italia)
• First Elements (Chipre)
• Protik (Albania)
• Conceptwin (Portugal)
• Creolabs (Malta)
• Birmingham Chamber of Commerce (Reino Unido)
• Forma Mentis (Italia)
• Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Ukraine)
More information about project
Official project` page
Registration guide for HE and NE
Project office UCCI
[email protected] / [email protected]
tel. 044 584 2814