UKRAINE’S PLACE IN EUROPE: Achievements and Challenges after 30 years of Independence
Tuesday 14 September 2021 (10.00-13.00 CET)
The Hague / ONLINE
You are cordially invited to attend a conference organised by the foundation OpenDoorUkraine.NL
in cooperation with the Embassy of Ukraine in the Netherlands, to discuss both the achievements
and challenges of Ukraine in becoming a state dedicated to European values of democracy, respect
for the law and human rights, and whose sovereignty and territorial integrity is respected by all.
Ukrainian political analyst Olexiy Haran, professor at Kyiv-Mohyla Academy University, will deliver
the keynote speech and join the discussion on political developments with:
- Andrii Zhupanyn, Member of the Ukrainian Parliament for the party Servant of the People
- Bob Deen, Senior Research Fellow & Co-ordinator of the Russia and Eastern Europe Centre,
- Alexander Hug, former Principal Deputy Chief Monitor, OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to
- Jan Marinus Wiersma, former Member of the European Parliament for the Dutch Labour
Party PvdA and vice-president of the European Forum for Democracy and Solidarity.
This debate will be followed by an economic panel on business opportunities in Ukraine and
challenges to furthering reforms and transparency, with
- Oleksandr Kucherenko, Director of DTEK B.V.
- Frans Lavooij, Shareholder at JV Galca Ltd
- Yuri Levontuiev, Investment Officer, Dutch entrepreneurial development bank FMO
- Irina Papusha, Chairman of Nova Poshta Supervisory Board, representative of the Ukrainian
Chamber of Commerce & Industry in the Netherlands (moderator)
The conference will be held as a live event in The Hague, and will also be livestreamed.
To follow our conference online, please register before Sunday 12 September by mail to
[email protected] and indicate your full name and occupation.
You will then receive by e-mail a weblink to access the livestream for the conference.